It’s officially fall in Michigan and that can only mean one thing for sure: it’s apple season! One of our favorite fall activities as a family is heading out to the orchard to gather up bushels of apples right from the trees. And no Michigan fall is complete without a trip (or a whole circle tour) to your favorite cider mill for fresh-pressed apple cider and donuts. Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year, and I can never get enough of all things apple. You can imagine how thrilled I was when Hudsonville Ice Cream released their Limited Edition flavor this fall – Baked Apple Crisp!
While this ice cream is fantastic all on its own, I got to thinking about how I could use it in a fun new way. My favorite meal by far is brunch and that’s when I had the idea of combining every Michigander’s favorite things together into one delicious meal perfect for a cozy fall day. Just picture it: pancakes, bacon, donuts, cider, and some Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp ice cream to make everything that much sweeter. Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp features apple pie flavored ice cream packed with apple pieces, crispy oat crumbles and a dulce de leche swirl. You can see the fall colors throughout the ice cream and it makes everything oh so cozy.
Apple Crisp Pancakes
- 4 cups of your favorite buttermilk pancake mix
- ½ carton Hudsonville Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp ice cream, softened
- Set the Hudsonville Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp ice cream on the counter for about 10 minutes, until it’s soft enough to stir with a spoon.
- Preheat a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat.
- In a bowl, gently fold in the pancake mix a little bit at a time, being careful not to over mix.
- If the batter is too thick, slowly add a small amount of milk and stir until the batter is a pourable consistency.
- To the skillet, add 1 tablespoon of butter and let it melt to cover the entire skillet.
- Pour the pancake batter into the pan. It’s up to you if you want larger or smaller pancakes!
- Once the bottom is browned and the sides of the pancake are set, flip the pancake to cook on the other side.
- Repeat the cooking process until all the batter has been used. Serve with maple syrup, caramel sauce, or a scoop of ice cream on top!
- Apple cider, chilled
- ½ carton Hudsonville Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp ice cream
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- On a small plate, combine the cinnamon and white sugar together.
- On a separate small plate, pour a small amount of apple cider.
- Using a tall glass, lightly dip the rim of the glass onto the plate with the apple cider. Immediately dip the rim of the glass onto the plate of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- To the glass, add one scoop of Hudsonville Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp ice cream.
- Pour chilled apple cider over the ice cream and enjoy!
Get Creative with Your Brunch!
For me, the best part about brunch is that there aren’t really any rules to follow. It can be a mix of whatever you like best! Add scrambled eggs or an omelette if you’re more into savory flavors. Go all out on the apple theme and have everything contain apples. Any way you create it, it’s going to be the perfect way to spend a fall morning with family or friends.
Be sure to grab some Hudsonville Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp ice cream before it’s gone! It’s such an amazing compliment to the fall season, but it won’t be around forever. Check out Hudsonville’s Scoop Locator to see where you can purchase Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp near you!