The holidays hold so many special times for all of us. Whether you’re celebrating with traditions that are decades old or starting new ones, the most important part is time spent with family and friends. Gathering together to make sweet memories is what the holiday season is all about. So many times, we think of gatherings with an abundance of food shared between loved ones. We all know how important treats can be to any holiday celebration. Hudsonville Ice Cream is committed to making high-quality Midwest-made ice cream that everyone will love. That’s why this season you absolutely have to check out Hudsonville’s Limited Edition Peppermint Stick ice cream.
There’s something about the sweet and cool peppermint flavor of this ice cream that just sends me back to my childhood. It fills me with memories of candy canes from school and peppermint cookies on our holiday table. When you eat Hudsonville’s Limited Edition Peppermint Stick ice cream you’ll be transported back to simpler times, where the cool peppermint with a sweet crunch lasts in your mouth, surrounded by creamy ice cream. It’s absolutely the most perfect combination of holiday goodness and nostalgia in a scoop of ice cream.
If you’re hoping to stretch your ice cream and add a little extra something sweet, you have to make my Chocolate Peppermint Stick Ice Cream Cake. Layers of Limited Edition Peppermint Stick ice cream with chocolate and cookie pieces will have your family and friends asking for a second slice as you enjoy making sweet memories together around your holiday table.
Chocolate Peppermint Stick Ice Cream Cake
1 – 48oz carton Hudsonville Limited Edition Peppermint Stick Ice Cream
1 box of chocolate cake mix – prepared to the package instructions
Package of Oreo cookies
10 candy canes or 20 peppermint candies, crushed into small pieces – set aside about ¼ cup for decorating at the end.
- Prepare your chocolate cake according to the instructions on the box. Let it cool completely in the pan.
- Leave the Limited Edition Peppermint Stick ice cream on the counter for about 20 minutes to soften.
- Using a fork, crumble the chocolate cake into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the peppermints or candy canes into a Ziploc bag and crush them into small pieces.
- Place the Oreo cookies into a separate Ziploc container and crush into small pieces.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap so that all of the sides have plastic hanging over it.
- Place about a third of the crumbled cake pieces into the bottom of the loaf pan and press down firmly.
- Sprinkle about a third of the Oreo cookies evenly across the top of the cake layer.
- Sprinkle some of the candy cane pieces over top of the Oreo cookies.
- Using about a third of the carton of ice cream, spread a layer on top of the crushed peppermints.
- Continue layering in the same order (cake, Oreo cookies, crushed peppermints, ice cream) until all of the ingredients have been used.
- Wrap the top of the cake with the overhanging plastic wrap. Let it set up in the freezer for at least six hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, turn out the cake onto a platter. Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle with additional crushed peppermint pieces.
This simple and delicious peppermint dessert is sure to fill all of your guests with nostalgia as you create new memories together. If you love chocolate, feel free to add some chocolate sauce or chocolate chips over the top of each slice. Your family and friends will be begging for this cake year after year, and they’ll never know just how easy this new tradition was to make!